CNC Machine Operators
Based: Brownhills, Walsall
Hours: Day and Night Shift Positions Available
Hourly Rate: Starting from £10.50 depending on experience and shift pattern
We are an SME (Small Medium Enterprise) that are key suppliers to some truly global customers.
We are constantly looking to continually improve our processes and conditions so we can be our customers supplier of choice over the coming years. We can only achieve this with the support and input of our production team feeding into the site leadership team.
We are experiencing a huge growth for our products over the next year, so we are seeking Trainee CNC Operators to work our day shift on our CNC vertical machining centres.
In the Cut & Preparation Business Unit we machine mild steel components from plasma and flame cut profiles on a range of standard and multi-axis CNC milling and machining centers which are mainly Fanuc controlled. Any Fanuc or Heidenhain experience is desirable but not essential.
Reporting to the Cut & Preparation Supervisor you will be required to perform the following tasks with, during and after training.
Operating CNC Milling Machines.
In process checks using gauges, verniers etc and recording clearly measurements onto production documentation.
Run up to 2 machines.
Change inserts, tooling and adjust offsets.
Work to a defined schedule to planned times.
Perform daily maintenance checks on machines and equipment.
Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area.
Who we are looking for:
· The successful candidate will need a mechanical aptitude along with a keen eye for detail,
· work on your own initiative and have good problem-solving skills.
· A reasonable level of numeracy and literacy is required.
· Full training will be provided to bring you up to speed with our machines, products, measuring equipment and quality standards.
· Applicants should be physically fit as some components can weigh between 50g and 500kg; crane training will be provided (some previous experience of overhead or Jib crane usage is desirable but not essential) however this can be a physically demanding role depending on customer requirements.