Fabrication Quality Inspector
Based: Aldridge, Walsall
Hours: 7 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday 6 am to 10 am Friday
Hourly Rate: £11.50 to £12.00 per hour depending on experience
An exciting new role has arisen for a hands-on PDI inspector to ensure large, complex fabrications adhere to customer specifications, prior to dispatch. The role involves working with and supporting a small, skilled team of fabricator / welders and will involve other tasks to ensure the smooth flow of work through the shop.
The role will involve:
· Pre-Dispatch inspection of a range of large fabrications.
· Use of measuring equipment (tape, vernier, height gauges, hard gauging) to inspect fabrications.
· Being hands on and re-working components as and when required (TIG and/or MIG welding training will be offered to the right person).
· Goods in inspection and pass off.
· FLT use as and when required (training will be offered to the right person)
- Experience in NDT Weld Inspection (Desirable)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable person with an eye for detail. Quality inspection and fabrication experience is highly desirable and working within a manufacturing environment is a must.